Thank you, Kathy, Alison and Karen too.
I know that the Prismacolors get broken ... but I am hoping some will respond to a new sharpener a little better. Iíll check out these two suggestions.
Annie

Hi Annie,
I've had good luck with:
http://www.dickblick.com/products/x-acto-1800-electric-pencil-sharpener/
and have purchased a small fleet of them for the students to use when I teach classes in colored pencils.  They're inexpensive, and work well.  Good luck!
Alison Schroeer

Iíve heard good reviews for this one. Itís on my shopping list, although I donít have personal experience with it. Maybe check with one of the colored pencil groups if youíre on social media?
Kathy