I've been using an Xacto School Pro for ~3 years and it's working very well. I am able to get a needle-sharp point with it every time.
MaryBeth Hinrichs

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Anne Runyon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi friends,

I have been using an old hand crank pencil sharpener and a couple of small metal hand-held sharpeners for eons. However, the newer Prismacolor pencils just don't sharpen well ... break way too often.
I understand that an electric sharpener might help. Any suggestions for a good, modestly priced electric? I would prefer having it plug in, rather than be battery operated, but most importantly ... Will it sharpen Prismacolor pencils well?

Thanks,
Annie
www.annerunyon.com
www.gnsi.org/profile/anne-marshall-runyon