From: Kathleen Garness
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] electric eraser-oops sharpener!

Ugh, Prismacolors are SO annoying for that reason! I heard somewhere that you can bake them in the oven for 10 minutes or so and that will melt the cores so that they wonít fall out of their casings. I wonder if anyone has actually tried that, and if so, to what effect?

Iíve been teaching bunches of colored pencil classes here in the Chicago region, and have been trying out several different brands to see which is most accessible, of good quality, and budget-friendly for beginners. For the current class, the venue is providing Blick Essentials 24 pack, which has some nice colors though not as well-pigmented as some of the other more upscale brands, like Faber Castell. I do love some of the Prismacolor colors though.

Kathy G