Greetings all

Guess what, I'm not here to ask you to pre-reg. I've matured, grown past
that. And our land is assigned and I got the spot I wanted already.

However, some notes about what to expect.

Note 1: We are camping in I3, with a little bit of J3 as overflow. You can
see how centralized we are here: http://www.sca50year.org/land.html.

Note 2: Like every other war, come find me or my deputy, HE Seraphina.
We'll tell you where to camp. We don't have much extra space, so it's
important we pack in nicely. Most of you know the drill.

Note 3: Setup. We *cannot* dig on our plot of land. We have a lovely spot,
but many of the utilities are actually fairly close to the surface. There
will probably be lines on the ground where we *cannot* hammer stakes. You
might hit an electrical line. That probably would not work out well.

Note 4: We *will* have a Calontir pavilion. Drix has volunteered his large
pavilion that he uses at Gulf Wars. It won't be purple, and it won't be
fresh from the loving hands of Rhianwen, but it will get us in the shade
and out of the rain. If you were concerned whether we'd have a place to
gather, don't be.

Note 5: I told them from the outset we were going to sing no matter what
the quiet hours might be, so they should put us in a spot where the modern
neighbors won't notice. Thus, we're smack dab in the middle of everything.

Note 6: We will have an above ground firepit.

Note 7: We will have a soup kitchen, thanks to Rigela. Well, sort of. We
won't actually have soup, and we won't be cooking anything, but we will
have sammich fixins and a variety of snacky bits. I'm especially excited
for equestrians and archers, because we are about as close to those
activities as we could be. Close enough, you could come back, snack a bit,
tell some stories, then go right back if you wanna.

Note 8: I'm probably forgetting things, as usual. My email address is
[log in to unmask] and I should have access at all times on site.

I'll see you all in about a week.

Rhodri

Rob Howell
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels