Thanks, Will.  I started to suggest something similar.....There are 2TB
portable hard drives available for $100.  (
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1143020-REG/wd_wdbcgl0020bsl_nesn_my_passport_for_mac.html).
Not sure how much data you need to back up, but those that I use hold 7
years of photos and all my art work, all of My Docs, and a cloned C:/
drive.  I keep one with me and one in a safe-deposit box at our local bank
and rotate them periodically.

There's nothing wrong with online storage other than it takes a gajillion
hours to upload.  I can back up a month's worth of photos and docs and
whatever in less than an hour.  Traveling and need access to your files?
These hard drive are about the size of a smart phone, and you can continue
to load data to them from your laptop when traveling.  No problems either
if one is traveling to a spot with no internet connection.

Just my 0.015 euros,
bab

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Will Smith <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> How about a fireproof safe with your own extra hard drive? Harder to hack
> and more environmentally friendly.

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
www.brucebartrug.com