Thanks, Will.  I started to suggest something similar.....There are 2TB portable hard drives available for $100.  (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1143020-REG/wd_wdbcgl0020bsl_nesn_my_passport_for_mac.html).  Not sure how much data you need to back up, but those that I use hold 7 years of photos and all my art work, all of My Docs, and a cloned C:/ drive.  I keep one with me and one in a safe-deposit box at our local bank and rotate them periodically.

There's nothing wrong with online storage other than it takes a gajillion hours to upload.  I can back up a month's worth of photos and docs and whatever in less than an hour.  Traveling and need access to your files?  These hard drive are about the size of a smart phone, and you can continue to load data to them from your laptop when traveling.  No problems either if one is traveling to a spot with no internet connection.

Just my 0.015 euros,
bab

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Will Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

How about a fireproof safe with your own extra hard drive? Harder to hack and more environmentally friendly.

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Linda Feltner
Sent: Wednesday, 8 June 2016 11:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] Cloud Services

Hi All!

Does anyone have any updates on new Cloud Storage Services?

Does Dropbox remain one of the top preferences?

With Fire Season upon us, I am motivated to purchase some serious space. I have a free Dropbox now. But there may be other good choices.

Very much appreciated,

Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC

Guild of Natural Science Illustrators, President-Elect

This E-Mail is intended only for the addressee. Its use is limited to that intended by the author at the time and it is not to be distributed without the author's consent. Unless otherwise stated, the State of Queensland accepts no liability for the contents of this E-Mail except where subsequently confirmed in writing. The opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the State of Queensland. This E-Mail is confidential and may be subject to a claim of legal privilege. If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the author and delete this message immediately.

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
www.brucebartrug.com