Hello everyone,
I need to scan a large (~24 x 36 inch) painting that's on watercolor board. Obviously I'll have to scan it in pieces and stitch them together, which will take time but that's to be expected. My problem is that my scanner (an Epson Perfection V500 PHOTO) has a rim around the scanning bed that is about a sixteenth of an inch higher than the bed, so the stiff watercolor board will not lay flat against the glass. I want the painting surface to touch the glass so the scan is sharp.

Does anyone own or know of a scanner comparable to mine (that is, in the range a a few hundred dollars) with a scanning surface that is NOT surrounded by a raised edge? I'm not finding that information in the specs I've seen, and it can be hard to tell from photos.
Thank you,

---
Emily S. Damstra
natural science illustration