Hi Emily:
If this is not a regular need, I would find a professional service that will do a digital capture.
It depends on where you live, of course.
I pay about $75US for a 500MB, color-corrected file. I drive to Tucson to get it done, and it's still worth my time.

Just a thought.
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
Guild of Natural Science Illustrators, President-Elect
(520) 803-0538
www.lindafeltner.com