From: "SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-"
To:<[log in to unmask]>
Sent:Thu, 9 Jun 2016 14:58:17 -0500
Subject:Re: [SCIART] Need scanner without raised rim

Emily,

You might consider having the piece professionally photographed with a
4x5 negative. Then scan the negative or have it scanned - make sure
the beg is cleaned of dust before it is scanned. I agree a direct scan
would be optimal but I've yet to see a scanner without the raised lip
(except for drum scanners but they require a flexible support).

From my iPhone.

On Jun 9, 2016, at 2:35 PM, Emily S. Damstra <[log in to unmask] [1]>