My age is showing… ;-)

I still have a 2-1/4 camera and a light meter. But I also have a DSLR as well. A foot in each era.

On Jun 9, 2016, at 3:22 PM, Bruce Bartrug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

That's a good suggestion, Karen.  Unfortunately, very few photographers, even pros, have 4x5 cameras anymore I'm afraid.  I have one, but only use it for b/w images and only very occasionally.  To have a 4x5 color negative or transparency processed today would involve sending to a large city, would take at least a few days, and might cost more than one would expect.  Which is why very few pros have a large camera anymore, except fo b/w images where processing the negatives can be done at home in a small darkroom.  Adding fees for the photographer, this could cost more than having it scanned by a professional scanning service.

There are full-format and medium format digital cameras out there that can produce excellent images of 36 to 50 megabytes, which might (might!) equal the definition of a scanner.  Check with local pro photographers to see if they'd be willing to photograph the piece and simply give you a CD with the image on it.  Explain you need high quality, yata, yata.  That way you wouldn't have to wait for the developing, nor scan the film yourself.