Geoff has a good point, Emily, in that some pro cameras have rather amazing
resolution.  While these cameras are expensive and may be mostly confined
to fashion and architectural photography, it would be worth checking local
photographers to find one that has a camera with a 50+ megapixel sensor,
AND some experience in photographing artwork.  Work such as yours should be
photographed with lights that are polarized and with a lens that has a
polarizer as well.  Polarizing at both ends removes any trace of
reflections or highlighting. You'd only need to transfer the image (via CD
or USB stick) and size it appropriately.

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
www.brucebartrug.com

of our friends. -Martin Luther King