I second it being a wonderful place. My mom and I went to the Dry Tortugas about two years ago to see the fort. Great trip! The water is beautiful and the fort is fascinating. I don't understand the "couples" requirement either as it doesn't strike me as an unsafe place for an individual. I believe the park ranger lives out there permanently, so an artist resident wouldn't be entirely alone. I suppose it has something to do with the isolation, however.

Lynette
--
Ms. Lynette R. Cook, Artist/Illustrator
Main Web Site: http://www.lynettecook.com