Dear colleagues,

see below a survey invitation for linking morphological and molecular biodiversity data.

Best wishes, Torsten

Dear colleague,

The Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) and the Global Genome Biodiversity Network (GGBN) are seeking expert opinions on how to link morphological and molecular biodiversity data, i.e. physical specimens, derived DNA, sequences, observations and other evidence of species' presence and abundance in space and time. This survey targets data users and providers of specimen and sequence information.

We know your time is extremely valuable, this survey should take about 25 minutes. We are particularly eager to receive early responses from those who are able to complete the survey by 15 June 2016, as we plan to report on preliminary results during workshop 9 of the SPNHC/GGBN conference, Documentation of environmental samples and eDNA on 20 June 2016.

To take the survey, please follow this link<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/N2GC2KR>, or copy the URL into your browser:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/N2GC2KR

We encourage you to share the survey with your contacts and networks, especially with users and holders of molecular biodiversity data. The survey will run until 15 September 2016, and the final results will be reported at TDWG 2016 Conference in Costa Rica. If you have any questions about this survey, please contact Dmitry Schigel, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Thanks in advance for your help.

Gabriele Dröge (GGBN), Siro Masinde, and Dmitry Schigel (GBIF).

*****
Dmitry Schigel, PhD
Programme Officer for Content Analysis and Use

Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)
Secretariat
Universitetsparken 15
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ř
DENMARK

T   +45 35 32 14 85
G  +45 30 45 02 25
E   [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
W www.gbif.org<http://www.gbif.org/>
[cid:[log in to unmask]]

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

. . . . .
Torsten Dikow, Ph.D.

Research Entomologist for Diptera
National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution

. . . e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

. . . web: asiloidflies.si.edu<http://asiloidflies.si.edu/>
              SI Entomology staff page<http://entomology.si.edu/StaffPages/DikowT.html>
              @TDikow<http://www.twitter.com/TDikow> #asiloidflies<https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=asiloidflies> #USNMDiptera<https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=#USNMDiptera>

. . . access to research data at ORCiD http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4816-2909