Dear Clarke,

this sounds great!
I have been interested in this topic for a while, however, so far I did only a few superficial morphological observations mostly for pleurosticts (Ahrens 2006, Syst. Entomol., Özgül-Siemund & Ahrens 2015). But in basal Scarabaeoidea I did not much.
Also, as far as I understood, glands might be in some but not all lineages used for pheromone production (Rutelinae vs Melolonthinae).
It will be cool to have some more detailed data about this.

I am looking forward to see your results.

Best regards

Dirk