From: James Forder <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: Stock market money creation?

What about these two related thoughts - It might be that the fact of the IPO leads to some people acquiring bank credit so as to buy the shares, so that, all things considered the result is an increase in the quantity of deposits. Isn’t there also the thought that in the aggregate a privately held company has become a publicly listed one, so that the same real assets are made generally more saleable. So on the whole, assets have become more liquid and for that reason more ‘money like’. I suppose, now that I think of it, if the proceeds of the IPO are partly used to repay bank loans, as they may well be, all-in there might be a reduction in the quantity of money.

best wishes

James