The Falcon Banner has posted a new item, 'Count and Countess Scroll for
Their Excellencies Matsunaga and Elena
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2016/07/11/count-and-countess-scroll-for-their-excellencies-matsunaga-and-elena/>'
Count and Countess Scroll for Their Excellencies Matsunaga and Elena Presented
by Kronung Logan and Drotting Ylva at Coronation July 9, AS 51 (2016)

By Aidan Cocrinn, OL  © Holly Cochran July 2016

One of the many highlights of Summer Coronation, held July 9, 2016 in the
Barony of Coeur d’Ennui, was the investiture of Matsunaga and Elena as
Count and Countess. In commemoration of their Reign, both received their
County coronets from the hands of their Heirs, Logan and Ylva. In addition,
scrolls with the words of the new Crown were presented. Below are the texts
of those scrolls, along with photos. Truly, both awards were wonders to
behold.

Aidan Cocrinn, OL

Royal Scribe for Matsunaga and Elena, with gratitude and thanks for that
great honor

*Countess Scroll for Her Excellency Elena text was crafted by H.L. Jaida de
Leon. The scroll itself was created by Baroness Neathery of Safita.*

*Right trusty and well-beloved we greet you well.  It hath pleased the
goodness of Almighty God of his infinite mercy and grace to deliver unto
this glorious kingdom this great lady called Elena Moreno del Mar.  By the
prowess and might of Matsunaga Kagetora she was made his consort and
brought great joy and comfort to all the good and loving subjects of the
realm.  This singular rose has mighty thorns and shielded her people on
campaign when the winds turned tempest, she gave wise council to all, and
kept her head at all times.*

*It is our great pleasure and inward **desire that you continue to give
comfort and consolation to our people.  We therefore by this letter advise
you that you are made a countess of our realm and are given lands equal to
our esteem for you.  We bequeath you the Wardenry of Royal Forests near the
Crystal Mines where you may build a home with no less than four chimneys
and may hunt and hawk at your pleasure.*

*We undoubtedly desire that you continue to give laud and praise to all
subjects of our heart regardless of rank, and pray for the good health,
prosperity, and continual preservation of our realm.*

*Given under our signet in the Barony of Coeur d’Ennui this 9th day of
July, in the 50th year of our Society.*

[image: Scroll by Baroness Neathery of Safita, Words by HL Jaida de Leon]

Scroll by Baroness Neathery of Safita, Words by HL Jaida de Leon

*The County scroll for Matsunaga was created by Viscount Master Christopher
Reuben Montoya, formerly of Ansteorra, now residing in Grimfells. The text
was crafted by Master Andrixos.*

*Cease Kamikaze*

*Blow no more, heavenly wind*

*Upon King, upon Kingdom*

*Rising Sun has brought storm’s end*

*In calm, all recall tempest*

*Reclaim lost pillow*

*Traveler’s cushion far wandered*

*From home of the dawn*

*To land entranced by sunsets*

*Path of pillow was king’s road*

*Brought from the Nippon*

*To Heartland and to Shogun*

*Hail, Matsunaga.*

*Wind-driver and wind-driven*

*Strong gale blew through Calontir*

*Eight corners he saw*

*As Falcon soaring above*

*Lifted by wind’s strength*

*Soft breeze brought he to the land*

*Spring’s zephyrs caused winter’s rout*

*He subdued blizzard*

*And sought stronger storm to test*

*Led samurai south*

*To war field well windswept*

*Foes all dispersed by his gust*

*Gods keep man humble*

*After victor’s council held*

*Divine bellows turned*

*Brought rain like forge’s fire*

*Fortress strong sacked by wind-flood*

*Among folk he strode*

*Seeing aid brought to needy*

*Raising homes sunk low*

*Sheltering people from fear*

*Here he did gust as a king*

*Like a willow tree*

*Falcon tribe withstood the storm*

*Plans for new fortress*

*Stories of maelstroms survived*

*Realm prepared for a new calm*

*O Matsunaga*

*Storm bringer in war’s fury*

*For kingship, well worn.*

*Headband bright like Rising Sun*

*And high honors earned granted.*

* By these words did Duncan Rex and Ylva Regina recognize Matsunaga
Kagetori as a Count, and endow him with such rights and obligations
accompanying such elevation, including a coronet of gold embattled.  Done
on the ninth day of July in the Land of the Ring of Red Boars, in the fifty
first year of the Society*
[image: Scroll by Viscount Master Christopher Reuben Montoya, words by
Master Andrixos]

Scroll by Viscount Master Christopher Reuben Montoya, words by Master
Andrixos

*From the artist:* It is written in the Japanese form of 10 Tankas; A 57577
syllable arrangement. The scroll itself is done with Sumi-e (black ink
brush, and the painting depicts Fujin, the Japanese wind god, and Matsunaga
fighting while His Excellency is protecting beloved Calontir behind him.
The scroll text is in English, scribed in Japanese letter characters.  It
is written in the “kanji” form (vertical columns/right to left) over
Suminagashi (floating ink or marbled) paper. The Silk horizontal scroll
frame is by Blue Heron Arts and mounting was done by the scribe.

*Next from this author:* H.L. Vels created an amazing addition to the Royal
Scribe’s office, which was gifted to TRM and the RS Office at Coronation.
Read ALL the details and see the amazing close-up photos in the next
article.

[image: Royal Scribe Box by HL Vels- Front Panel. Just a teaser!]

Royal Scribe Box by HL Vels- Front Panel. Just a teaser!

Save

Save
[image: Like]
<http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/facebook/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2016%2F07%2F11%2Fcount-and-countess-scroll-for-their-excellencies-matsunaga-and-elena%2F>[image:
Tweet]
<http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/twitter/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2016%2F07%2F11%2Fcount-and-countess-scroll-for-their-excellencies-matsunaga-and-elena%2F&title=Count+and+Countess+Scroll+for+Their+Excellencies+Matsunaga+and+Elena>
You may view the latest post at
http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2016/07/11/count-and-countess-scroll-for-their-excellencies-matsunaga-and-elena/
You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates
are posted. Best regards, The Falcon Banner [log in to unmask]