I realize you're not dealing directly with the client but I often start by
asking what their budget is. I can then adjust what rights I'm selling them
to fit the budget.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Britt Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Getting multiple points of view is important. One set of answers appears
> to be on page 190 of the eleventh Edition of the GAG Handbook.  You may
> also want to look at the major online image houses like Getty, etc.  While
> not likely the prices you would charge, they show you the floor of what
> someone could be hoping to pay. Of course you are offering a custom image,
> possibly for their exclusive use, so the price would go higher. You are
> looking for Rights Managed Food and Beverage packaging design information.
> The nice thing about the stock agency online interfaces for pricing is that
> they show you all the aspects of the deal you should be asking about, at
> least for something like a wine label.
>
> Britt

*Lore Ruttan, *Ph.D.

Lore Ruttan Illustration <http://www.loreruttanillustration.com>