Sorry for  the delayed reply. Life got busy again and this got put on
the side burner.

Rubbings might work. We have the specimens in the Naturalist Center to
work from. The public has full access to these, so as long as we don't
damage the specimens, the director is fine.

The museum provides the supplies and has not been charging a fee, so we
have kept the supplies down to a few graphite pencils, erasers, and bond
paper. I haven't worked with colored pencil for some, ahem, 20 odd
years, but I can see how it would work for this situation and won't
damage the specimens either. May have to pull out my very old colored
pencils and experiment.

Thanks very much for your suggestions. I don't usually send my
creativity in this direction, so it is going to be an interesting
process exploring all y'all suggestions.

Cheers,

Patricia Savage

*Mayapple**Studio*

919-859-2789 (h), 919-438-6766 (m)