Ouch.  Hope Brit or someone with a better understanding of legal issues responds, as that's what you need.  If it's any comfort, I have a writer friend who is having the same predicament with a book being written by a committee based in a museum.  The committee apparently has no firm leadership, so you can imagine his frustration with the constant changes.

bab