Facebook asked if I wanted to sign up for a new thing called Messenger. I did not check into it because it was during the conference.

Today I received what once was called a "Private Message" (which I have used many timesbefore), but now it's from "Messenger" and I cannot respond. It's from someone I've never heard of and it is ok to respond.

There is no place to respond and write a return message. I can video chat, telephone chat or Ignore or Accept.

I searched on the FB Help page and found nothing helpful. I don't want to "Accept" not knowing what that means.

Am I overlooking some simple button?
Is this some universal new setup that FB has initiated or a special service one signs up for?

Thanks,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC