Thank you Mirka and Natalya.
you can't access FB messages on your phone (they still work the same through FB on your laptop/desktop browser though).
I am on my desktop computer browser, not my phone, and it is the new window, not the old message window. Weird.

I'll do a test.  I really wish I had a cell signal in our canyon. I don't use my cell phone (and learn all the cool apps) at home, only when I'm on the road.

Thank you both! I appreciate the responses!
Best,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC