Patricia,
Susan has excellent little books that can be made into single folds for a card and always good simple instructions.    Look through her instructions about the flag book before you think it is too complicated.   She has instructions for all ages.
Sally T
http://blog.susangaylord.com/2011/12/christmas-card-flag-book.html