Linda, armed with an unexpected Dick Blick gift certificate this past Christmas plus a 40% off sale coupon, I gave into temptation on the Winsor Newton Cotman Field Bag set. I basically like it but might gerry-rig the straps eventually (add some more black webbing) so that they’re longer, put the straps around my neck so I could stand while sketching, too.

What I like about it is its light weight and compact size, but not TOO small. It fits in a shoulder bag and goes anywhere. You can upgrade the paints in the half-pans once those are empty.
I added a couple of water brushes, a 1.5” flat, a sponge and a clickie pencil. Someone else might add a drawing pen. It fits a good variety of premade journals.

What I don’t like about the wooden boxes is their bulk and weight. If they can double as easels though, that’s nice. I like Jennifer’s suggestion - that brand is new to me, had to look it up. : )

Might it be wise to have someone discreetly inquire as to what they might already have and/or want? : )

That Sienna Plein Aire box looks lovely though, especially with the additional tripod (or is it compatible with a regular photographer’s tripod?)

Did you see this setup from the artist at Handprint.comhttp://www.handprint.com/HP/WCL/tech33.html

Kathy G