"Because every design must satisfy competing objectives, there necessarily has to be compromise among, if not the complete exclusion of, some of those objectives, in order to meet what are considered the more important of them." –Henry Petroski, Small Things Considered

It seems like we deal with this issue every couple years, but the technology changes every couple years, so let's go again.

What are the best techniques to produce labels for alcohol preserved specimens? Of course we could go with something really fancy like laser inscriptions burnt into little rectangles of marble, but I'm thinking more along the lines of paper and a printer. A medium that could be written on with a pen would also be nice.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Mike

--
Michael L. Ferro
Dept. of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences