Hi all,

The Virginia Tech Insect Collection is looking at replacing the header cards for its pinned specimens. The standard 65 lb cardstock that we use for our pinned labels feels a bit flimsy when inserted into a unit tray as a header card. I'd prefer to use something sturdier along the lines of 80 lb (about the weight of a business card) or 110 lb cardstock (more like an index card). Does anyone have a recommendation? Are there any issues we should take into consideration with cutting these weights or having them fray on the edges?

Thanks,
-Tree Dellinger
Collections Manager
Virginia Tech Insect Collection