Hi everyone,

We have what was once a state-of-the-art imaging system that is now
getting sad and old.  However, it still works and I don't have funding
for a replacement.  Our biggest problem is the camera, which is
developing dead spots. they are small and we can work around them, but
probably not for long.  So, I want to find a new camera that will work
on the old system without spending a bunch of money.  It has to work
with the old computer as it, because the software requires a key from
the company to reinstall, and the company is no longer with us.

We have a JVC KYF75U, whi ch was about $7,000 back in the day. There are
new ones available on the web from after marketers for $6,000-8,000.
However, I suspect there are better cameras for our purpose out there
for a third that cost.

Any recommendations?  I need it to basically slip right in to the
Automontage z-stepper

Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.

US Post Office Address:
Montana Entomology Collection