All,

Many of you have probably seen this already through social media, but for those not on FB or Twitter here is a really nice article from Richard Levine of ESA about the inaugural Collections Management workshop Dave Furth and I hosted and taught here at SI last week.  https://entomologytoday.org/2016/07/27/news-from-the-entomological-collections-management-workshop-in-washington-dc/

I’ll be talking briefly about the workshop in September at the ECN Business meeting as well, but it was nice to get the outside perspective from Richard who joined us on the final day.  And before we even sent the workshop participants home, we’ve started planning things for next year!  Refining the product, if you will.  ECN is doing some great stuff!  And with your continued support, we hope to expand our influence in the coming years even more!

Cheers,

Floyd

Floyd W. Shockley, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.

Collections Manager (Acting)