Nothing in the published rules or Kingdom Law prohibits both judging and
entering.  An entrant in the actual Kingdom A&S Championship - three
different entries, as opposed to simply having a tri-level entry at Kingdom
A&S - would obviously have to be unavailable to judge for three of the five
or six possible judging slots, so judging on top of that wouldn't be the
greatest idea in the world, but is not actually forbidden by any hard and
fast rule.  There is a QPT rule that sponsors may not judge the entry they
sponsored.

A&S Ministers/Master Schedulers in the past may have felt they had enough
judges, or felt that excluding competitors from also judging was
preferable, and that would be within the discretion allowed to the office
under Calontir Law, which obliges the Minister and Deputies to ensure the
propriety of competitions, which may be conceived somewhat differently by
different people on this topic.

Yours in service,
Paul Adler

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 6:42 AM, Caitlin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Some years entrants have been allowed to judge QPT/Tri-levels, and some
> they have to sacrifice one.  Is that related to who's scheduler, or to
> who's KMoAS?
> Wanting to know for future reference.
>
> -Ingibiorg
> On Aug 30, 2016, at 8:26 PM, Lady Rosalie Langmod <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>

>> Are the deadline to register as a judge and the deadline to register as
>> an entrant the same date?
>>
>> Also, to bolster what Her Excellency has pointed out, it's very likely
>> that some of the judges who have already registered are also entrants and
>> will be unable to judge in every time slot for obvious reasons.
>>
>> YIS,
>> Rosalie

Vince Zahnle
COL, USA, Ret.