The Falcon Banner has posted a new item, 'Kingdom Youth Combat Seeking
Donations
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2016/08/01/kingdom-youth-combat-seeking-donations/>'

[image: Bavarian engraving of a medieval tournament from the 1400s. Public
domain in the US]
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Tournament_bavarian_engraving.png>

Bavarian engraving of a medieval tournament from the 1400s. Public domain
in the US

Good Gentles of the Populace:

As youth sports go, the price tag for ours is likely to make some families
a bit leery of involvement, considering the ephemeral nature of children’s’
attention, and their inconvenient habit of changing size and shape. There
aren’t a lot of families out there willing to plop down $150 or more on
something that their child might not take to.

To that end, In an effort to engage more kids in the Calontir Youth
Combat activities, I would like to respectfully ask the populace for
donations, especially armor pieces (in good repair) that meet or exceed the
minimum Calontir Youth Combat requirements. You can make it, buy it or dig
it out of your basement if you like. As long as it is functional and looks
like it will fit a child, I will happily collect it. If you’re not sure,
please ask questions.

If you prefer money donations, those can be directed towards Melodia
<http:[log in to unmask]>. She will use it to buy “off the shelf” items
from sales outlets that meet or exceed the KYC safety standards (youth
hockey helmets and gloves for example).

With a little bit of support, we will have a chance to draw in all those
kids on the edges who would play were it not for legal gear.

Xandre <http:[log in to unmask]>

Information Resources for Youth Combat

SCA Youth Combat page <http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/youthcombat/>

Calontir Youth Combat Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalontirYouthCombat/>

Download (DOCX, 120KB)
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Calontir-Youth-Combat-Rules-1.2.docx>

Download (PDF, 168KB)
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/BasicYouthArmor.pdf>

Download (PDF, 179KB)
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/sca-calontir-background-check-request-packet-2014.pdf>
[image: Like]
<http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/facebook/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2016%2F08%2F01%2Fkingdom-youth-combat-seeking-donations%2F>[image:
Tweet]
<http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/twitter/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2016%2F08%2F01%2Fkingdom-youth-combat-seeking-donations%2F&title=Kingdom+Youth+Combat+Seeking+Donations>
You may view the latest post at
http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2016/08/01/kingdom-youth-combat-seeking-donations/
You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates
are posted. Best regards, The Falcon Banner [log in to unmask]