Hi Linny,

I have been hearing about 'multifocal' intraocular lenses, that have a
limited ability to allow the patient to accommodate to distance and
close work.  Here are a few resources :

*http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/multifocal-iols.htm*

*http://tinyurl.com/ko2lno

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0011863/

*Hope this helps!
Chris

On 8/10/2016 7:26 PM, Linda Heagy wrote:
> Re: [SCIART] Discussion: Cataract surgery for artists Hi Linda,
>
> I will have both eyes done, but not at the same time. ... I thought
> they could put in a lens that had both far away AND up-close vision in
> each eye?
>
> Good point, Linda. I may be confused about the procedure and lenses. I
> was thinking that there was one lens that had the ability of both
> focal powers of far away and up close. I was not thinking of having
> one focal for distance in one eye and one for close-up in the other
> eye. No, that does not sound like a promising solution to me at all !
>
> My last year visit with doctor alluded to coming new advances in
> lenses and cataract surgery. Just how soon, I do not know and what
> those advances are. So I was hoping I could hold out till those new
> advances were available.... If they are even beneficial to me.
>
> Have you had cataract surgery and were you satisfied with the results?
>
> Best,
> Linny

> Linny Heagy
> DBA: Linny/Designer, Illustrator