Hi Linny,

I have been hearing about 'multifocal' intraocular lenses, that have a limited ability to allow the patient to accommodate to distance and close work.  Here are a few resources :

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/multifocal-iols.htm

http://tinyurl.com/ko2lno

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0011863/

Hope this helps!