If it is all her work the ownership is her as well as copyright. You are in essence the client not the artist, creator.  You have subcontracted a student to do work.  Best, Deb

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 11:41 PM, barrett klein<[log in to unmask]> wrote:   I was asked to create a pair of illustrations for a book and, with permission from the author, I am now collaborating with an excellent student who is making scientific illustration her professional path.We collaborated on the design concepts and I am helping by critiquing drafts, but she is doing the actual illustrating. She will receive 100% of the salary for the work.
Should credit for each illustration be:

1) Name of student (i.e., Illustration by Jane Doe), or2) Name of student "with" my name? (i.e., Illustration by Jane Doe, with Barrett Klein)
Is there another way of expressing this type of collaboration?
cheers and thanks,barrett
barrett klein
Department of Biology
University of Wisconsin - La Crosse