Ah, the Power!!!!! Yeah, until lightning strikes!

I've been a bit mind-blown trying to research battery backup and surge protection systems.
TMI....to say the least.

Amelia said she uses an APC Smart-UPS 750VA Tower UPS.

I am looking at ones around $100, however.

What I am finding in the descriptions, is that some say the battery preserves the backup ability for 3-5 minutes until you can properly shut down your computer (that is if you're there in the office, eh?). Some say they have 4 outlets for "battery" and 4 outlets for "surge", Why isn't there both?

Does anyone have any advice?

Best,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC