Hi everyone. I have been a member for some years now but rarely take part in
the discussions although I have enjoyed and benefited from your great
comments.

To fill you in on my background, I am 70 years old. Been a professional
artist my whole life. I started out as a Fashion Illustrator, Graphic
Designer, Art Director and Creative Director. Helped a friend establish
Houragency Inc. (an ad agency in Ithaca, N.Y, back in the 70s),  then
moved to Florida where I had my own Creative Studio in Coral Gables, FL.

Moved to Texas for a position as Art Director at Neiman Marcus in Dallas.
Then left Advertising profession to pursue a Horticultural degree and
eventually became a scientific botanical illustrator and designer of Floras.

Now, to my main reason for contacting my fellow members.
I have always had keen vision up-close but used glasses to see far away.
However, now I use reading glasses on my up-close work and for reading fine
print.

At 70 I (like many others my age) have cataracts developing. Specifically in
my right eye. My Doctor is telling me I need the surgery to remove cataract
and replace with a lenses and is asking me would I prefer one to see far
away or one to see close.  As artists, you know my answer would be BOTH!

As artists, would not the logical answer be BOTH lenses: One for far away
and one for up close. My doctor says they can put in both but Medicare and
my supplemental insurance will not pay or the 2nd lens.

Question to you out there who have had the surgery and the same natural
close up vision:

How much was the cost of the second lens?

Did the surgery successfully work for both up close and far away vision?

Was there an adjustment time?

Any other comments to share with me that might be helpful re: this
discussion?

Linny Heagy
DBA: Linny/Designer, Illustrator
Arlington, TX