Hi Linda,

I used an APC BackUPS for many years. I’d have to guess about 10(!). Then I got a message that the battery needed to be replaced. Model: BR1500G.

My old model is no longer made, so I called APC and asked what would be a comparable model and asked if they had any kind of trade-in. The trade-in deal didn’t offer much of a discount, but it was something and I got (recently) a BackUPS Pro 500. I have my computer, RAID drives and Wifi router plugged into the battery. Printers/scanners are plugged into surge protector outlets. This gives me about 20 minutes of battery backup time. Since most of my power outages are only a few minutes, I’m covered. If a really big storm is predicted, I turn off my computer and RAID drives.

This is listed for $119.99 with Schneider Electric (price has dropped since I bought it). I dealt with Schneider, and it was a bit disorganized… the first unit they sent was defective. So I had to return my old unit and a new defective unit. And then they sent a new unit. They sent things out promptly, it just took a while to sort out the paperwork for the various exchanges.

Hope that helps.