Dear Virge,

The new Staten Island Museum has a giant mastodon bursting through the wall into the museum.
The studio that created it is in Minnesota (if I am not mistaken) and is called Blue Rhino Studios (http://www.rhinocentral.com).
It is a beautiful piece and they seem to specialize in museum exhibits. I know you mentioned New England,
but just in case…

The Staten Island Children’s Museum had a giant praying mantis standing guard outside. I believe it is made
of car parts, scrap metal, etc. by a local artist named Lenny Price. It is a really charming addition to the site.

Sounds like a fun exhibit! What is better than a giant ant!

Take care,
Wendy

Wendy Beth Jackelow, MFA, CM, FAMI
Medical & Scientific Illustration