Thank you Tiffany and Steve...

I have been researching and looking at models and options.

A question that remains unanswered:  "gives you enough run time for your system to either shut down or hibernate". I've read that while shopping. That is if it's turned on, and you are there to either shut down or hibernate. I've been known to run to the post office and leave it on, or be drawn out of the studio for a couple of hours. I think I read on some reviews that the software allows for some choices, so it will shut down gently or hibernate ON IT'S OWN. Is that what they mean?

That said, during monsoon, I do not walk away from the studio and leave the computer on. I unplug from the wall. If I hear thunder, I have to unplug.

I called Newegg, I've purchased from them before. Asking if some of their models (nice sale on some right now) if the software worked on a Mac OS. He said I'd have to call the manufacturer.  Many of these units say the software will work on a PC, but that has many meanings. I would hate to get a unit in here only to learn the software wasn't compatible with my software, and not show all the bells and whistles it provides on other machines -- which might be the ability to tell it to either shut down or hibernate.

Thank you,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC