Hi Gail,

I looked and looked for my unfinished piece that I did in John Cody’s workshop at the 2005 Conference in Bar Harbor to no avail! I just remember his workshop on Watercolor Backgrounds being one of my favorite - he had such a patient way about him and guided us all though the process of drawing, masking our drawing, creating the backgrounds and then lifting the masking and painting our object. I remember painting a picture of a cabbage leaf - I wish I could find it!

I also remember I believe at the 2005 conference at the auction when Elaine Hodges outbid everyone for John Cody’s work - such a fun night!

Thanks for compiling all of this - he was such a special talented man!

Tricia Cassady