Not addressing you by name, vague e-mail, and no contact info? It sounds like spam. People try a bit harder when they are really interested. You might be able to search spam sites. I wouldn't trust it either unless you can verify the inquirer (call back number, search online, etc).
Aurore

Aurore Simonnet - Scientific Illustrator
NASA EPO - Sonoma State University
http://epo.sonoma.edu