I was asked to create a pair of illustrations for a book and, with permission from the author, I am now collaborating with an excellent student who is making scientific illustration her professional path.
We collaborated on the design concepts and I am helping by critiquing drafts, but she is doing the actual illustrating. She will receive 100% of the salary for the work.

Should credit for each illustration be:

1) Name of student (i.e., Illustration by Jane Doe), or
2) Name of student "with" my name? (i.e., Illustration by Jane Doe, with Barrett Klein)

Is there another way of expressing this type of collaboration?

cheers and thanks,
barrett

barrett klein
Department of Biology