All,

I’ve been asked to pass along to as many people as I can the flyer for the 2016 Coleopterists Society Youth Incentive Award program application.  This outstanding program, for those not aware, encourages middle and high school aged children to pursue a research project involving Coleoptera and paired with a professional scientist mentor.  Those selected get a small budget and gift cards from Bioquip redeemable for supplies/equipment.  It’s a great program, and we are looking for your help to spread the word (particularly with the compressed schedule due to the earlier meetings this year) or to solicit you to be a mentor yourself to a larval coleopterist out there in your local communities.  More information about the program and the application form can be found at: http://www.coleopsoc.org/default.asp?Action=Show_SocietyInfo&ID=Youth.  The Coleopterists Society is one of ECN’s longest standing organizational partners and the only one of the ordinal-group societies to provide financial support for ECN.  Let’s give some of that love back!  Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Floyd

Floyd W. Shockley, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.

Collections Manager (Acting)