This is very sad.  I only met Norm once, but I totally enjoyed him.  He was
very outgoing and extremely helpful in any way that he could.  When I had
questions to be answered by Cal Academy, Norm was always able to direct me
to the correct person.

He was most important to me for his web site:

Check-list of World Mecoptera

http://researcharchive.calacademy.org/research/entomology/Entomology_Resourc
es/mecoptera/index.htm

He also made a bibliography available for the group.

His career is outlined by CAS at:

http://researcharchive.calacademy.org/research/entomology/personnel/CVs/npen
nyCV.pdf

If you contact his wife, she must have put something together about the
totality of his life.

I will always remember you, Norm.

Joel Hallan

Austin, Texas