This is something we have talked about since the beginning of ECN.  At one point ASC was going to do it then maybe NSCA, but alas nothing.

One could start by contacting the "official" in-country management authorities in each country.  Maybe if we got a bunch of volunteers to contact countries we could start the process for a centralized source.  Of course one might not get a response from many countries, the contacts may be out-of-date, etc., but it may be a place to start.

Below is the link to the CITES source for all countries in the world.

Good luck

CITES International Management Authorities:
https://cites.org/eng/cms/index.php/component/cp

David G. Furth, Ph.D.
Emeritus Collections Manager & Research Associate
Department of Entomology
MRC 165, P.O. Box 37012
National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution