I know most of you are getting ready for the upcoming ECN and ICE meetings, but I wanted to make sure that those of you not on the normal mailing list for Biodiversity Information Standards (TDWG) saw this update http://goo.gl/g5jXGW about the TDWG 2016 conference being held in Costa Rica in December.

Not only has early registration been extended to August 15th, but there is a Software Carpentry mini-course (organized by our own Deb Paul and other folks at iDigBio) that will take place just prior to TDWG 2016 for a very nominal fee ($100 or $50 for students). The Organization for Tropical Studies (OTS) is also offering a selection of post-conference “Biocursos” to highlight aspects of Costa Rican biodiversity.  Of course the main event, TDWG 2016, promises to be the place to be to discuss biodiversity information standards such as Darwin Core, the Invasive Species extension to the DwC, and issues affecting standards use and development.

Hope to see you there!
Gail

Co-Program Chair
TDWG 2016