ECN Members,

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the first, of what I hope will be many, partnership agreements with other collections-oriented organizations has been finalized.  ECN is now an organizational partner with the Global Genome Biodiversity Network, effective Friday, August 5.  What does this mean for ECN and its members?  Access to data and standards related to genomic and tissue collections, which are the newest and among the fastest growing collections at many of our respective institutions, is just one of the benefits of this new alliance.  I encourage you to learn more about GGBN, what they are doing, and what your membership in the GGBN (through your affiliation with ECN) can offer you and your collection by checking out the GGBN portal:  http://www.ggbn.org/ggbn_portal/.  I have reached out to the Secretariat, and we are hopeful to have a representative of GGBN present at the ECN business meeting in Orlando to talk briefly about it and to answer any questions you may have.

Cheers,

Floyd

Floyd W. Shockley, President

Entomological Collections Network

Northwest Registered Agent , LLC. #513290-93

5305B River Road North

Keizer, Oregon 97303

Tel (office): 202-633-0982
Fax (office): 202-786-2894