As long as we're talking fealty and oaths, here are two interesting documents that the early modern / Northern Renaissance types amongst us might enjoy:

1. An English translation of Charles V's 1515 confirmation of the privileges of his subjects:
http://www1.umassd.edu/euro/resources/netherlands/2.pdf

2. An account of the ritual and procession of Phillip II's 1549 "Joyous Entry" into Antwerp:
https://www.jstor.org/stable/20169139
(You'll need an account or to know someone who does!)

Your moſt hvmble Servant
​,​
​Jonkheer ​
Hvgo van Harlo​
Webminiſter
​,
Calontir College of Heralds​
​(mka Will)​

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Ted Eisenstein <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>For those of you who, like me, prefer to swear fealty to specific royals rather
>than to "the crown and kingdom," I found a source book ...
I still have a number of copies of a fealty pamphlet I wrote a while ago, "Faith
in Life and Limb", which contains a short history of fealty plus a few period
oaths. Drop me a line with your address if any of you would like a copy -
alban at socket dot net.
There's also a slightly modified article in the Winter 2000 edition of Tournaments
Illuminated.

Alban