Queen's Prize is this coming weekend, in the welcoming lands of Coeur d'Ennui!

There are two special little aspects of this competition that I would commend to your attention, lest anyone forget:

First, the Judges' Basket:  It is the custom for anyone judging to bring a single item to contribute to the Judges' Basket, which will be awarded to the Judges' Choice (Determined by voting during the day, I will have cards for each judge to submit his or her own choice, and tally the results prior to Court).  There aren't big rules on what kind of thing you should bring for this, but in general something that is useful in a craft is an excellent choice,  Having won one of them once upon a time, I can tell you that one included all sort of stuff from three small handspun balls of yarn to chocolate.  Realize that the winner can always barter a craft material or tool to another artisan if they don't practice the particular craft for which it is suited.  I'll be collecting items for the basket all day at the KMOAS table.

Second, Sponsor gifts.  Sponsors are expected to bring one small gift of some sort per each entry sponsored.  This gift does NOT go to anyone that person actually sponsored, but to a different entrant that the sponsor picks during the day.  During Court the assembled sponsors will by turns distribute the gift each brought (Or gifts, if the sponsor sponsored more than one entrant) to the entry that sponsor selected during the day.  I will have a deck of cards, with one entrant per card, at the KMOAS table, so each sponsor should stop by in the afternoon to select the card or cards for the entrant(s) they elect to gift.  If you are a sponsor and can't make it to the event, please try to send a representative with the gift and ensure the rep knows to come by the table and select a recipient.

See you there!

Yours in Service
Paul Adler
Kingdom MOAS