The Falcon Banner has posted a new item, 'Introduction to The Calontiri Wikispace
By Mistress Sofya la Rus
Ed. Note: The Falcon Banner is promoting the Calontiri Wikispace managed by Mistress Sofya as another tool in informing and connecting Calontiri. The Falcon Banner has begun linking the names that appear in our articles to the person’s Wikispace page when it is available, and to their Order of Precedence page when it is not. Remember that wiki sites depend on users to create and maintain the content, so please consider setting up your own Calontiri Wikispace page and keeping it up to date. Thank you.
What can we do with the Calontiri Wikispace?
- Help to get to know our fellow Calontiri better – interests, skills, personas, put faces to names
- Make it easier to submit well-informed award recommendations
- Let our various guilds and interest groups make their own place on the web
- Give Calontiri merchants another venue to spread their craft
- Be a place to find the stories and songs explain what it is to be Calontiri
- Work on joint projects and plans
- Whatever else we can think of.
Anyone can edit existing pages although only “members” can add new pages or upload files.
As an unofficial page, we will not need releases (Model, Photo, Content) – hopefully. But be honorable and get permission before you add someone else’s creative works.
Adding a Page:
- Join the wikispace (give administrators a little time to approve it), and sign in.
- Click the + sign next to “Pages and Files” on the upper left hand side menu.
- Name your page
- Select the appropriate template.
Editing an Existing Page:
- Click on the “Edit” button in the upper right.
- Change text much as you would with a standard word processor.
- Standard “quick keys” work
- Text Editor (font size, color, background, etc.)
- Header options (for outline/table of contents)
- Numbered outline
- Bullet outline
- Horizontal line
- Insert link/URL
- Insert image
- Insert widget (widgets are apps like table of contents, list of “tagged” pages, etc.)
- Insert table
To add an image:
- Copy and paste an image from another website,
- Copy the link to an “External Image” from another webpage
- Log in as a member of the wikispace.
- Upload the image to the wiki then
- Place it on the page (members only)
- Click the “Insert Images and Files” button on the edit bar (the little picture between the links and the widget/TV button) and follow the directions there.
- Images will tend to look best if you align them to the right.
A note about Tags:
Areas of Interest:
You may view the latest post at
You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are posted.
The Falcon Banner
[log in to unmask]