The Falcon Banner has posted a new item, 'Marshals Please Read: Change to
Helm Inspections Starting October 1st
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2016/09/29/marshals-please-read-change-to-helm-inspections-starting-october-1st/>'

*From Syr Duncan of Skeene
<http://calontiri.wikispaces.com/Duncan+of+Skeene>, Earl Marshal of
Calontir*
I received the following from Sir Padraig, the Deputy SEM for Rattan
combat. We are to begin this process now. I am not worried about if we
inspect the same helm at several different events. We are supposed to make
this part of our normal inspection process until further notice.

I think it is because of a rash of concussions, goose eggs and pressure
gashes in the recent past. I know this will be a bit of a pain in tracking
how many inspections we do and how many fail because of not enough padding
but I have no choice in the matter. We need to begin this process OCTOBER 1.

Quoted message follows:
” I am asking one and all to begin a round of helm inspections that would
include a check of the interior padding. We should be looking for
proper coverage, thickness and resilience. I would Appreciate if
your Marshals would get a count of how many helms were inspected,
how many failed and why. It would be nice f we could have this info
by kingdom included in your end of year reports. I would also like
you to instruct your Marshals that if any head injuries occur,
bleeding lumps, tko’s or Mo’s even, that they inspect the injured
fighters helm and include any finding good or bad in the report to
you. I think in short time we can find out if our inspection has
been sloppy in the past, or if there really is a problem that we can
put a finger on.
In service
Padraig”

Thank you,
Syr Duncan of Skeene

[image: Illustration of the Battle of Barnet (14 April 1471) on the Ghent
manuscript. Public domain in the US]
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/MS_Ghent_-_Battle_of_Barnet_retouched.jpg>

Illustration of the Battle of Barnet (14 April 1471) on the Ghent
manuscript. Public domain in the US
[image: Like]
<http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/facebook/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2016%2F09%2F29%2Fmarshals-please-read-change-to-helm-inspections-starting-october-1st%2F>[image:
Tweet]
<http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/twitter/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2016%2F09%2F29%2Fmarshals-please-read-change-to-helm-inspections-starting-october-1st%2F&title=Marshals+Please+Read%3A++Change+to+Helm+Inspections+Starting+October+1st>
You may view the latest post at http://falconbanner.
gladiusinfractus.com/2016/09/29/marshals-please-read-
change-to-helm-inspections-starting-october-1st/ You received this e-mail
because you asked to be notified when new updates are posted. Best regards,
The Falcon Banner [log in to unmask]