Syr Duncan just posted an update:

All,
After being told two weeks ago that we had to start inspecting helms off of
the head the SEM has decided that we need to wait until he has a better
idea of what we are looking for and how.  To that end he is suspending his
earlier edict to inspect helms in any manner differently than what we are
already doing.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  I am at work and have no way
to access Facebook, can someone please forward this the Kingdom Facebook
page and the calon list?

YIS,
 Duncan

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 10:22 PM, Rex Deaver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The Falcon Banner has posted a new item, 'Marshals Please Read: Change to
> Helm Inspections Starting October 1st
> <http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2016/09/29/marshals-please-read-change-to-helm-inspections-starting-october-1st/>'
>

> *From Syr Duncan of Skeene
> <http://calontiri.wikispaces.com/Duncan+of+Skeene>, Earl Marshal of
> Calontir*
> I received the following from Sir Padraig, the Deputy SEM for Rattan
> combat. We are to begin this process now. I am not worried about if we
> inspect the same helm at several different events. We are supposed to make
> this part of our normal inspection process until further notice.
>
> I think it is because of a rash of concussions, goose eggs and pressure
> gashes in the recent past. I know this will be a bit of a pain in tracking
> how many inspections we do and how many fail because of not enough padding
> but I have no choice in the matter. We need to begin this process OCTOBER 1.
>
> Quoted message follows:
> ” I am asking one and all to begin a round of helm inspections that would
> include a check of the interior padding. We should be looking for
> proper coverage, thickness and resilience. I would Appreciate if
> your Marshals would get a count of how many helms were inspected,
> how many failed and why. It would be nice f we could have this info
> by kingdom included in your end of year reports. I would also like
> you to instruct your Marshals that if any head injuries occur,
> bleeding lumps, tko’s or Mo’s even, that they inspect the injured
> fighters helm and include any finding good or bad in the report to
> you. I think in short time we can find out if our inspection has
> been sloppy in the past, or if there really is a problem that we can
> put a finger on.
> In service
> Padraig”
>
> Thank you,
> Syr Duncan of Skeene
>

> [image: Illustration of the Battle of Barnet (14 April 1471) on the Ghent
> manuscript. Public domain in the US]
> <http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/MS_Ghent_-_Battle_of_Barnet_retouched.jpg>
>
> Illustration of the Battle of Barnet (14 April 1471) on the Ghent
> manuscript. Public domain in the US
> [image: Like]
> <http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/facebook/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2016%2F09%2F29%2Fmarshals-please-read-change-to-helm-inspections-starting-october-1st%2F>[image:
> Tweet]
> <http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/twitter/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2016%2F09%2F29%2Fmarshals-please-read-change-to-helm-inspections-starting-october-1st%2F&title=Marshals+Please+Read%3A++Change+to+Helm+Inspections+Starting+October+1st>
> You may view the latest post at http://falconbanner.gladiusinf
> [...]

Nullo edactore ligni, consilium cedet. - Countess Magda